THE SUPERSPORT TYRE FOR ROAD USE
- Superb grip while braking, thrust boost in extreme lean angles and brilliant traction exiting the corner
- Lightening handlebar response to rider inputs and smooth feedback while cornering
- WSBK-derived structures and contours
- Silica-enriched multi-compound for both front and rear tyres
- Best performance on road use, on both wet and dry roads
DIABLO ROSSO™ IV
- Within motorcycles scenario, high-displacement (> 999 cc) bikes set 200hp as a standard threshold, often reaching the astonishing power of more than 215hp for several Superbike and Hypernaked machines. In this picture, we must include also sporty crossovers capable of delivering 160hp on 240kg machine more than 140 cm tall and 600cc Supersport and Naked bikes with almost the same weight of the bigger displacement counterpart but with no more than a half of the power.
sets a reference in the Supersport segment for all these classes of motorcycles. Therefore PIRELLI decided to differentiate the rear tyres product characteristics based on the size, and therefore the type of motorcycle in order to perfectly deliver the requirements for each rider.
DIABLO ROSSO™ IV
features race-oriented profiles derived by the ones used in World Superbike Championship. Multi-radius sharp contours deliver an immediate transition from lean to upright and a quick change in direction, whilst a flatter shoulder portion provides high grip and line holding while cornering. Optimised sidewall height provides confident traction during both upright acceleration and corner exit. Balance between front and all rear contours allows a superb control feeling and neutral bike behaviour.
As a distinctive sign for PIRELLI sporty products, DIABLO ROSSO™ IV tread pattern is developed around the FLASH™ icon: a couple of centre grooves which provide directional stability and ensures wear stability. FLASH™ is also accountable for water draining from the centre to outside the contact patch when upright.
FLASH™ tails of varied length are distributed surround the centre design, outlining mid-lean grooves. Tails are a constitutive element of the tyre behaviour, providing the right tyre flexibility and efficient water evacuation and an absolute wear uniformity.
Tread Pattern design of DIABLO ROSSO™ IV with slicker mid-lean areas evolves the DIABLO ROSSO™ III one, giving support at lean angles where water drainage is useless, which means over 35°. It is characterised by a large slick area on shoulders, which results in excellent grip and line holding while cornering at extreme lean angles. Besides the family feeling, tread pattern layout plays a relevant role in DIABLO ROSSO™ IV performance.
THE SPORTIEST TYRE FOR ROAD USE, REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER CONDITIONS
Superb grip while braking, thrust boost in extreme lean angles and brilliant traction exiting the corner
Lightening handlebar response to rider inputs and smooth feedback while cornering
Best performance for road use, on both wet and dry roads